Olympic Paint And Stain - Complaint-Olympic Rescue It Deck paint peeling, flaking, cracking
28 June 2016
To: Olympic Customer Service
Lowe’s Customer Service
Subject: Complaint - Olympic Rescue It Deck Paint Products
In 2014 I purchased and used the highly advertised and Lowe’s recommended Olympic Rescue It deck paint to refinish our large decks and hand rail areas. Now, after two summers I am experiencing a major problem with paint peeling, large flaking and swollen cracks in the wood grain under the paint. The surface has become ugly, rough and an absolute mess! “Your product is guaranteed not to peel and to give your wood a new look”. I’m now faced with a huge problem of how to remove your Rescue It product by sanding and scraping, and then searching for another deck paint to resurface all these deck and railing areas again. Many of my deck boards cannot be salvaged and will have to be replaced resulting in a much higher cost, which I did not expect. My deck areas are about 500Sq. feet plus the hand rails. I am letting everyone know at this point not to use this product and am waiting for fair treatment from Olympic and Lowe’s. Olympic looks really bad on this problem in many areas and so does Lowe’s! What a big false advertising rip-off! I am out the cost of 3 gallons of this paint plus an estimated cost of $300 for deck board and railing replacements. This does not include any labor. I am asking “Olympic and Lowe’s to do the right thing” and compensate me and all of your complaining customers ( I have reviewed many of your unhappy customers comments on-line) who have also invested in this product! Otherwise you will lose us and all our friends as customers.
Please contact me at the following address: email@example.com .
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Olympic Rescue It Deck Paint
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "Handyman Service, Portland, Maine I hired Tracy Hayes from Home Advisor (Portland, ME) to repair my deck as per the original deck design. I wanted pressure treated wood, I specified that..."
- "We redid our kitchen August 2014 and chose Wolf because of price and we liked the look of the sample cabinet in the showroom. They seemed well made, but now..."
- "Mike,I've been in Business since 1972 doing Roofs,Siding, Building Homes and also do Insurance repairs since 1987 in most ct. towns. I Have a customer that had Gutter Helmets put..."
- "I had the same experience as others: Signed up for a free trial, sent one fax and then noticed my account had been charged a fee for membership the next..."
- "I can't return men items. I'm a very good customer for at least ten years. I pay every month on time. I've NEVER returned anything. Please make an exception. You..."
- "Zazzle - you can take the order, promise the due date of the order BUT - you don't do what you say you will do and to make matters worse..."
- "I am a resident at baymont inn. When i moved in i was told i could bring my grandkids out and have a bbq and swim. Today my three grandchildren..."
- "Terrible! My dress is complete *** I dont need more words just look at the picture...deformed and stitches were horrible notice the hips..."
- "I contacted Kabam for not receiving my rewards in a stadium (Hunger games-Panem rising). Someone with the handle-Rain, replied and told me it was under investigation. Rain also stated..."