Olympic Paint And Stain - Olympic Rescue It Deck Paint peeling, cracking and flaking
To: Olympic Customer Service
Lowe’s Customer Service
Subject: Complaint - Olympic Rescue It Deck Paint Products
In 2014 I purchased and used the highly advertised and Lowe’s recommended Olympic Rescue It deck paint to refinish our large decks and hand rail areas. Now, after two summers I am experiencing a major problem with paint peeling, large flaking and swollen cracks in the wood grain under the paint. The surface has become ugly, rough and an absolute mess! “Your product is guaranteed not to peel and to give your wood a new look”. I’m now faced with a huge problem of how to remove your Rescue It product by sanding and scraping, and then searching for another deck paint to resurface all these deck and railing areas again. Many of my deck boards cannot be salvaged and will have to be replaced resulting in a much higher cost, which I did not expect. My deck areas are about 500Sq. feet plus the hand rails. I am letting everyone know at this point not to use this product and am waiting for fair treatment from Olympic and Lowe’s. Olympic looks really bad on this problem in many areas and so does Lowe’s! What a big false advertising rip-off! I am out the cost of 3 gallons of this paint plus an estimated cost of $300 for deck board and railing replacements. This does not include any labor. I am asking “Olympic and Lowe’s to do the right thing” and compensate me and all of your complaining customers ( I have reviewed many of your unhappy customers comments on-line) who have also invested in this product! Otherwise you will lose us and all our friends as customers.
Please contact me at the following address: James Shoup, P.O. Box 343, Grasonville, MD 21638, firstname.lastname@example.org .
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Olympic Rescue It Deck Paint
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "We had Congoleum tile professionally installed, because it was advertised as having superior durability. What a joke! This stuff breaks, dents, and chips more easily than any other tile I've..."
- "Thank you for sending Bob Gibson, a Pella representative to my residence. Per Bob, the lower windows that he inspected are separating. At my residence, there are 12 openings with..."
- "I purchased a JELD-WEN fiberglass exterior front door from Bay Area Molding & Door which installed the door for me in July 2013. The main reason why I chose..."
- "Terrible! My dress is complete *** I dont need more words just look at the picture...deformed and stitches were horrible notice the hips..."
- "I contacted Kabam for not receiving my rewards in a stadium (Hunger games-Panem rising). Someone with the handle-Rain, replied and told me it was under investigation. Rain also stated..."
- "I am a resident at baymont inn. When i moved in i was told i could bring my grandkids out and have a bbq and swim. Today my three grandchildren..."
- "We purchase a home in Warners ny . We asked for the full size bathroom rough in for our basement . Now we have decided to finish our basement and..."
- "Had my jeep in for a paint job and was horrified to see that they painted my jeep Red jeep. orange!! I also dealt with the manager Lillie, rude!! And..."
- "I am very, very, very dissatisfied with Telmex. It does need a very long time before I'm getting upset. It's my personality as well I spend several years as a..."